No announcement yet.

Rare Teppo-Bukuro!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday I saw a set of about six or eight battered red Kyogoku gun bags come up for sale. I expect that they will appear on the open market very soon. Sadly a few were in really poor condition, and some were almost beyond the pale. Even so, how often do you see these sets in existence? Never, I would guess.
    Piers D - Japan / UK

Comment

I never heard about a ”set” ever coming out on the market before. No pictures?

Jan
      Jan - Sweden

Comment

• Teppotai
        Teppotai commented
        Editing a comment
        Sadly no pictures...

On Monday I had a chance to buy a red teppo-bukuro with Ikeda butterfly Mon, but it escaped my net. I expect it will come up for sale somewhere very soon.
      Piers D - Japan / UK

Comment

They are hard to come by. Don’t give up 🙂

Jan
        Jan - Sweden

Comment

• Teppotai
          Teppotai commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh, I am not giving up, Jan. Another will surely come along in due course! Before I die, with luck. I was not prepared to be driven up on the price on this one. I do have a short one which I use as a holster for my Tanzutsu.

• Jan Pettersson
          Jan Pettersson commented
          Editing a comment
          Like I’ve said before; a good teppo-bukuro tend to sell for quite a lot of cash. Was this one made out of leather!

Jan

Hi!

It was leather Jan, and as Piers said with the Ikeda Okayama mon in gold. It was funny this was actually the second one I bought looking like this. The first one was gifted to the Taisho of Okayama Teppo Tai, Mr O, so I was happy to find another since I rather liked It. They are rare though and this one came at a cost. I think that you should have gone after it Piers, you would have got a better price than me 😁

Anthony
        Anthony De Vos - Sweden

Comment

Hi!

New Bukuro has arrived. Nice Ikeda okayama mon, Lord of Bizen, same that is flagged by Okayama Teppo Tai. It fits my 30 monme Bisen gun, what a marriage!

AnthonyIMG_E6490a.jpg
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Anthony de Vos; 02-13-2020, 06:47 PM.
          Anthony De Vos - Sweden

Comment

Good morning Anthony, great addition to the family!!

Kamon is also known as Bizen Cho

Drawing from Tsuba terminology, like a sukashi version of Husen Cho

Pip Pip Cheerio

Malcolm

Comment

Those do go together well, Anthony. I am glad you managed to get it.
              Piers D - Japan / UK

Comment

Working...
              X