Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hinawa Ju Tanzutsu real or replica ?

Hi Teppo team !

Wondering about this Tanzutsu I have if it is real or not ? The mechanism seems to be missing parts , there is only one Mekugi holding the stock and the Dougane ring doesn't fit well
    it is loose. No powder burn marks on the wood. No markings on the bottom of the stock.

Any one of your thoughts will be welcomed !

Jon

Some photo's more....

Comment

WOW!!!! I know a few Vikings hereabouts that will appreciate this.........
      Pip Pip Cheerio

Malcolm

Comment

Could you give us a good close-up of the inside of the lock? Looks like a good ol’ screw.

Jan
        Jan - Sweden

Comment

Hard to comment from photos alone, but the barrel and the various parts (apart from the panlid hingepin) look genuine.
          Ignoring the inlay on the barrel (which is what attracts buyers in the Western world), The question for me would be, were all these parts on the same gun originally? The stock is giving me the impression that it is cut down from something else, so it is possible that genuine parts have been brought together to recreate this pistol and give it a new life. Guns like this do come up because pistols are much rarer and command a relatively higher price.

Quick questions.
          a) Optical illusion? Is the muzzle mouth completely flat? It looks somehow rounded in that photograph.
          b) What is the diameter of the bore, in cm?
          Piers D - Japan / UK

Comment

Hi Malcolm !

Isn't it a thing of sheer beauty ?

Kind regards

Jon

Comment

Hi Jan

I will shortly ...

Jon

Comment

Hi Piers !

All great questions I cannot answer at the moment , work is calling.
                Please give me a few days to come back on this little thread.
                Thank you for your insights and knowledge!

Best regards

Jon

Comment

Hi Jan and Piers !

Here are some more photo's that would answer your questions about the Lock and Stock.There are two a bit fuzzy ( excuses, don't know what I did ) but still gives you
                  the right measurement. The muzzle mouth is slightly rounded off , Piers, and the bore is 1.1 cm. The total length of the stock including the Bisen is 24 cm , without it is 23 cm.
                  Total lenght of the Tanzutsu 37 cm. Jan I have photo's of the muzzle mouth and lock wich hopefully gives you a good indication of what we have here.
                  Very excited to learn about your valued opninion!

Jon

Comment

Some more....

Comment

And some more...

Comment

The ”rounded” muzzle and the odd-looking bisen-screw (breech) tells me that you probably do best in avoiding this one. The above-mentioned observations plus the chopped front-end of the stock, might suggest that this matchlock has been ”altered”.

Jan
                        Jan - Sweden

Comment

Hi Jan !

Yes I suspected it was to good to be true. Being what it may , a chopped up front end with an "improvised "muzzle could work ? But the odd-looking Bisen-screw could be dangerous
                          I think. Any chance Jan , that a historic gunsmith could savely bring this oddity to life ? Or is it not worth the trouble ?
                          I probably know your answer already ......

Thanks for your quick response !

Jon

Comment

Yes, you know my answer

Save your money until the right piece pops up on your radar.

Jan
                            Jan - Sweden

Comment

Hi Jan !

Thanks for the sound advice !

Best regards

Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X