This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi!

I would love to participate in a community without politics and sundering. I am one of many stepping to the sidelines and into the shadows, tired of conflicts. I welcome a new attemt to form a community and a forum, welcoming everyone, regardless of background and previous grievances. I hope for respect and understanding also when we disagree. I hope for people to be mature and use the forum to share about the subject of katchu that we all love. I am happy to see people with great knowledge and understanding coming back to participate. I am especially happy to see Mr Ian Bottomly coming home to where he belong, to a friendly forum with focus on sharing. If somebody personalize that, it’s him. Who else always takes time to answer questions on every level, always with the same patience.

We are all a family in a way. You don’t have to love all family members but we can all coexist and contribute. This forum is free for all members funded by members, believing that it might have a future. I hope that we once again can be a leage of extra ordinary gentlemen, that we once was. Recaptuting the feeling we had the first time in Florence, before the sundering. A feeling of joy and curiousity, friendship and respect.

It is really worth an effort to try, I really miss it. Let the past be the past.

Welcome all members new and old! Welcome to participate. Every question is worth an answer. Let’s build a forum where knowledge can be stored and passed on, never to disappear.

Thanks to all posting on the forum in spite of the lack of respons and low activity. You gave back hope and showed us, that there will always be a need for a place like this where we all are equal, students and techers alike.

’nuff of this bloody rambling, I am just happy and hopefull.

Anthony de Vos
    Anthony De Vos - Sweden

Comment

I am thrilled the forum is back.. congrats to those making this happen. Mark

Comment

Well, This certainly makes me happy too, but perhaps I am too easily pleased.

Just finished reading The Pianist of Yarmouk by Aeham Ahmad. He describes having to cross multiple checkpoints to go from one territory to another. I feel that I have been sneaking guiltily backwards and forwards across the lines, keeping my head down, not to play piano, but just to follow the inspiration and to comment on something over here, or something over there. My mother always called me the diplomat of the family! I suspect that no-one really likes a diplomat, so apologies all round to all concerned.

Glad to see Jan pointing the way forwards to a brighter and warmer future, and this, here, is the group that I would like to be a member of!
        Last edited by Teppotai; 08-22-2019, 09:51 AM.
        Piers D - Japan / UK

Comment

• DaveT
          DaveT commented
          Editing a comment
          It took me a few years to realise that none of us sit to one camp or the other, we are all within the same community.

forget the words look at the deeds
        Luc Taelman -

Comment

May be not always the same opinion, but a same passion ! This is the most important thing to share on a katchu happy forum 👍
          Laurent

Comment

Originally posted by Luc taelman View Post
            forget the words look at the deeds
            Sage advice.

Comment

Following what hopefully will be the first “baby step” towards a long , and maybe winding, road towards if not a new at least a better beginning, I will try to open a new thread .
              It is a simple and maybe silly question (my trademark) but that has always intriguef me since by now I know some of the biggest and more knowledgeable collectors in the western world. I would like to know theirs answers, as well as the one from all of us.
              Hopefully the thread will be interesting even for the less experienced collectors.
              So let me try to put it online and try give a deed to my words.
              MSsimo

Comment

• Jan Pettersson
                Jan Pettersson commented
                Editing a comment
                The full knowledge of this forum is standing at the ready, Massimo

Jan

• DaveT
                DaveT commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you for doing this, most of us know how busy you are.

Well within less than a month we are rebooted! I do hope that more old faces will return to join ranks with our newcomers.
              A big thank you to everyone that has returned to support what can only be described as Your Forum.
              David Thatcher
              Professional Armour Restoration (Katchushi Koubou)
              Web: http://www.yoroi.uk
              Facebook Group:
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/Samuraiarmour/
              Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/raimu_gallery_uk/

Comment

It was agreed that this forum was to be a JAS Free Zone. 6 months later the president of the JAS is promoting the society and not one of the moderators has done anything to prevent it.

David Thatcher
                Professional Armour Restoration (Katchushi Koubou)
                Web: http://www.yoroi.uk
                Facebook Group:
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/Samuraiarmour/
                Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/raimu_gallery_uk/

Comment

• Teppotai
                  Teppotai commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Dave, is there not room for two, or three, or more sites? If he did promote another place it was not in an OTT manner, in my humble opinion. These sites are like oil and water and vinegar, one being free, another being a pay site for a start. Most people have a look, and find where they are most comfortable, while others flitter around like butterflies, being semi-comfortable everywhere.
              Working...
              X