2018 Server Funding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Server Funding

Currently, Justin has been paying for the service. In order to add more features, fix bugs and so on we need to enlist some outside assistance from a programmer. A funding pool will accelerate this.
    David Thatcher
    Professional Armour Restoration (Katchushi Koubou)
    Web: http://www.yoroi.uk
    Facebook Group:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Samuraiarmour/
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/raimu_gallery_uk/

This year, I've committed to fund $225.00 US for the forum. Last year, between Dave and I, we funded about $500 US in services and contractors for issues with the forum. I will continue to fund my portion, but if we wish to have a mobile application interface, or other features, that all comes at a cost. Every dollar helps, no one is getting rich off this stuff
    Justin Grant - USA

Comment

This thread registered but I was not sure how to respond. Many thanks for your efforts guys. I am willing to make a contribution of somewhere between 50-100 GBP, but what target are we looking at, or is it a general slush fund for on-going expenses?
      Piers D - Japan / UK

Comment

I am happy to pay into this forum , the information , help and networking I get is worth that ,the advise on purchases from all the learned gentlemen on here has saved me way way more than £100 in not buying rubbish ! and it’s in English ....

Comment

Please log your interest here with regard to funding the forum.
          David Thatcher
          Professional Armour Restoration (Katchushi Koubou)
          Web: http://www.yoroi.uk
          Facebook Group:
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/Samuraiarmour/
          Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/raimu_gallery_uk/

Comment

I would gladly pay my portion. there was a post yesterday that said forum was closing, that post is now gone has this decision been reversed?
            Dave Jackson
            B.C. Canada

Comment

Hello,

Can I have a Paypal address to send my contribution?
              Thank you

Pascal

Comment

Guys. If you wanna contribute that’s great. We also need active marketing and active participation. We need funding for go forward years. I really do want to have to plea each year, so if we can get contribution promises and add them up and if it’ll push us out for many years, we can move forward.

We need people to own sections and actively manage them. I’d even consider opening paid advertising for sections. Open to ideas.
                Justin Grant - USA

Comment

Well, me and Piers will continue to moderate the matchlock-section which is pretty active.
                  As soon as we get the fund-account avalible I will add my share.
                  I think €50/pers sounds like a good and even number. With enough donors we would probably get money to keep the forum secure for a couple of years. Then we organize a new fund rasing.
                  The responsibilty of keeping the forum ”active” falls on every member. Some of us will probably be more active than others but that’s ok by me. We have all been beginners at some stage. This forum is a great place to start exploring the wonderful world of Japanese armour and weapons. Let’s keep it going and have a lot of fun in the meanwhile.

Jan
                  Jan - Sweden

Comment

I will of course send my contribution. If we all send 50 Euros or equivalent that shoud give Justin a bit of a surplus. Can you give us a paypal address Justin?
                    Ian B
                    Ian Bottomley - UK

Comment

I was caught off guard on this. I really think much of it has do do with activity more then cost. My life has been a walking disaster this last year plus I'm new to the field so my contributions have dropped. I need to remedy that but I do not have the experience to moderate or lead a section. I'm happy to contribute whatever is needed to help keep the forum up for a few years but I think the main thing is do members wish to keep it alive versus shifting elsewhere?
                      Sean Zapara - FL, USA

Comment

Justin, my PayPal is messed up and unusable. Can you suggest any alternative? Wiring money from Japan costs an unbelievable 5,000 JPY a pop so that is also pretty low on my list. I can send cash in an envelope if that helps. Please PM me.
                        Piers D - Japan / UK

Comment

• Jan Pettersson
                          Jan Pettersson commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Piers, if you want I can cover your €50 and send €100 to Justin. Then you will be in my debt forever

Jan

Hello,

My morning post seems to have disappeared... Here's more or less what I wrote :

I'm OK to send my contribution for funding this forum (where i learn a lot, thanks to all the contributors...).
                        Do we send money through Paypal to Justin just the way we did for the Berlin gathering fees ?
                        Daniel GONY - FRANCE

Comment

All, if you want, I’ll take the contribution via PayPal ( as a gift if available) otherwise they’ll eat the fee, but we can deal with that. Piers, I’ll take Samurai antiques in trade 🤣.

My paypal is justin@alexander-grant.com

I’ve paid for hosting until June 30, and we are without forum support until we renew, but that’s ok until a problem comes up.
                          Justin Grant - USA

Comment

• Nihontonut
                            Nihontonut commented
                            Editing a comment
                            money sent. If I may make a suggestion ....... put funding request and this address on the log in screen so everyone sees it when they log on as this thread will soon become old.

Hi J!
                          The bread is on route.
                          AdV
                          Anthony De Vos - Sweden

Comment

Working...
                          X